Thursday, September 1, 2011


Hello ladies ! Summer is winding down but I am still trying to get as much summer sewing done as I can! I hate the heat but love the type of dressing that summer brings! The maxi dresses, the tank tops, the shorts, and you-know-it, the sunshades!!!! This top comes from Butterick 5496. I previously made it in the last post out of an ethnic cotton print and ever since I have been itching to make another. This one is made from a fuschia challis from Hancock fabric. I just love it, but it is a booger to keep pressed! This pattern is so easy. The only thing that I did differently was to eliminate the casing. I instead just sewed the elastic to the top stretching as I went along. This makes a great swimsuit coverup, wearing with shorts or skinny jeans, or even with a pencil skirt. I think this pattern will be in heavy rotation!

1 comment:

Faye Lewis said...

What a wonderful color. It will look great on you!