Friday, April 8, 2011

More tops



This knit top and skirt are both from McCalls 6288 from the Generation Next collection. This top was super easy and is made from a super soft knit. The top is very form fitting so I added some extra on the sides of the bodice piece. I did not look at the instructions at all because I am familiar with sewing this particular type of top. I did add a band to the neckline and the sleeves.


The skirt is super easy as well. It is made out of a broadcloth. Next time I will make it out of a challis or something with a little more flow. I think this one has turned into a wearable muslin. I don't know that I will make this one again because there are so many others too try. Plus, patterns are coming out so fast!!!


This striped top to the right is made from Simplicity 2190. It is one of the newest ones. As an on the go mother, I needed some tops to throw on when I am out with the little one as well as go to the gym in. This top definitely fit the bill. However I do suggest making this top in a fluid knit like an ITY, or a rayon jersy. Otherwise if you make it from a knit that is kind of stiff, lets just say it is not too flattering. This knit looks lightweight and airy however it is kind of stiff. When I put the top on, I did not feel pretty. But you know how it is when you have made something that you kind of like but might not want to throw away. I pictured it with jewelry, with my hair done, and even other pieces in my closet. I just believe I can make it work!!!:) Can't you see the S on my chest for SuperSewer!! I know - so corny! But she is this super hero that lives in my head when a questionnable garment arises!! Please forgive the wrinkles - I was just too lazy to take it off the mannequin and iron. So lazy!!!


And to the right is a sneek peek at a cardigan i am working on. The pattern came from a cardigan that I bought at Target. I simply made a painters tape pattern of the purchased cardigan. I think it is coming along nicely. With a few little design elements left, I think this will be finished this weeked. The fabric is from Joann's. It is one of their - what faye and I call - $13.00 knits. I kow it sounds like alot but the stuff is truly worth it. It is super soft and not does not bead up after the first use. It only gets softer after you wash it and the color lasts a long while. I think the fabric has some Rayon in it and another fiber content that I cannot remember and belongs to the Sew Classisc collection.


No comments: