Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I CAN'T STOP

OMG!!- I can't stop sewing. I really should be studying but I have been sewing since I got home. Have you ever been in a mood like that. Where you are just bursting with energy;energy for sewing. And it feels as though you are sewing up a storm. That is how I feel. I found that making a list of the things I really want for the upcoming season has helped me have an idea of what to sew. I have made some of the pieces on my list already and will post later as they are part of a project i am working on.

I was wondering how you all feel out there about maxi dresses?

Do you all have any songs that constantly play in your mind that might even inspire some of your creations?

The song that plays in mind is "Lover Man" by Billie Holiday.

Also, how do you keep track of all of your inspirations such as magazine clippings and what not? I am in desperate need of some help or else clippings will be everywhere.

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

I know what you mean.I've been feeling the same way,every since I read your blog entry prior to this one.I posted something on my blog a while ago about keeping an inspiration book.Please check it out.Hope it helps you.

http://sewonandsewon.blogspot.com/2007/08/sewing-style-file.html

Adrienne said...

I love it when I get like that!!!

I LOVE the maxi dress!!! I have a light weight denim one that I LOVE.

I keep my inspiration pieces in a three ring binder divided by garment type. It works for me.

Faye Lewis said...

I feel you Ebony! I've been feeling like I want to "SEW UP THE WORLD"! I'm working on a jacket that started out simple but of course I had to take it to another level. I can't wait to see what you are making.
Lisa showed us her inspiration notebook, and it's such a great idea. I'm going to start putting one together this weekend.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I keep my clippings on a bulletin board or in a swatch book...and the can't stop sewing...its a good thing in my book! :)