Monday, September 1, 2008

In a nutshell (or a long list rather) here are the things that I want for the fall

Thanks to everyone for their comforting posts about my stash and obsession with knits. I am very excited to sew them all. The hardest thing to decide is what to make with what. Looking in all of the magazines that right about now are big and fat, I am getting a lot inspiration. I mean of lot. I have put so many little notes, bended corners and used lucky stickers to mark all of the things that I am dying to have for the fall and winter season. So in a nutshell, here is a list of all the things I plan or hope to make (I know-what a wish list):


Some kind of funky khaki jacket with funky buttons

a flowy red dress

raglan sleeve shirts with slight variations in jeweled tone colors (my fav is eggplant)

high waisted skirts - one fitted-one loose-vogue 1068 perhaps (as soon as I get the belly down)

more knit shirts of course grey

dresspants-slim and wide leg in various colors

a slew of winter jackets (Hello - Mccalls, Butterick, and Vogue have some bangin coat patterns)

a great carry-on for plane ridescouple of quilts

and Lord knows what else I will come up with.

I want this winter to be full of color - color- color.

I just know for sure that I am into jeweled tone colors and any piece of fabric with a little stretch. I tried to come up with a cohesive selection to make a mini wardrobe, but my day to day imagination changes . And plus, I like to take on each project individually so that it has all of may attention. I am excited to see what you all are excited to make.

By the way lets give Michelle Obama a handclap not only for the blue dress with flowers at the neckline that she wore to the DNC, but just for her style period.

No comments: