Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wild Thang........I think I love you





Oh ladies.... When I put this top on , I just want to roar or purr like a wild kitten. This top comes from Simplicity 2971 ( I just looked on the Simplicity website and saw that it it Out of Print) and is super easy to sew.It is made from a soft knit that I got off of the clearance table at Joann's. I didn't look at the instructions at all.The only change to the pattern that I made was to add more fabric to the front bodice piece by placing it further away from the fold. I plan on wearing the mess out of this top this summer and possibly in the winter. You know what I always say, "Just throw on some big bug-eye shades, chunky accessories with a funky hair-do".





I can see another top like this. Lord knows I have a stash of knits that really need a pattern to belong to!

5 comments:

Bootzey said...

why does my Joanns NOT have a clearance table

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

It's spectacular! Love, LOVE the print and the style is so comfy!

Ebony said...

Thank you for the comments! A Joanns without a clearance table? Just doesn't seem right. Whenever I go there, I head straight to the clearance table.

Jackie said...

Cute tops! Love the fabrics too. I too go straight to the Joann's clearance section first and only there most of the times I visit, lol.

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful! I love it. So glad I have that pattern - at least I think I do.