Saturday, July 5, 2008

Trying to catch up






This top is from the Built by Wendy collection from Simplicity pattern 3835. This is my second time making this top . As you can recall , I used the pattern in the previous post to make the beige and black animal print dress. It is totally easy. The chocolate band is leftover linen from a dress that I made some time ago. The chartreuse sheer was not that easy to sew, but you know once you have an idea in you mind, it is hard to let it go. I can wear this top anywhere. Just throw on some slacks , shorts, or a pair of jeans with some cute wedge heels or sandals and the world is my oyster.







This top is great for the summer time. It is made from Simplicity 3529. The dress is primarily made from brown challis. I decided to bring the facing to the outside . I made the facing out of a drapery remnant from Hancock Fabric. I love love love this pattern and have made it at least three times.



This dress is from Butterick 5040. The only alteration that I made was to make the sleeves fit tighter. I made this same pattern out of a ribbed knit and I swear it looked as though I was getting ready to go cook Sunday dinner. I mean it looked straight up like a mumu. But I am not one to let a silly pattern defeat me, so I tried it again and am very happy with its outcome. At the bottom, I just sewed three different colored strips to give it some pizzazz.







2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Lovely fashions, especially the color blocked dress!

artist1lisa said...

Awesome! I love it.Great color combination.